What is Fury for a Feast?
Fury For A Feast is an annual bourbon barrel beer release party and fundraiser held by Witch’s Hat Brewing Company. Now in its 7th year, Fury For A Feast is held in the parking lot of the brewery in South Lyon on the 4th Saturday in August. This year’s EPIC event will be held on August 24th, 2019. This one day event features live music, outside food vendors, huge charity raffle, a crazy list of more than 20 barrel aged beers and a ticketed bottle release for mug club members.
Fury For A Feast was originally created out of the desire to give back as much as we can to our community and the necessity to release some very limited, very delicious beer. As children, we had first hand experience both personally and for friends and family with hunger and school lunch programs for kids in need. Our little town is not immune to this huge problem that is facing the world and our country, and this is why we decided on local food banks to partner with. First, to raise as much money as we can to help our neighbors, family and friends and second, to help bring awareness to this issue that faces all of our communities, no matter on location.
Fury for a Feast is a food drive and fundraiser for Blessings in a Backpack South Lyon Chapter and Gleaner's Community Food Bank. We charge a cover of $6 or $5+1 non-perishable food item. Over the last six years we have donated nearly $55,000 and gathered over 6,000 lbs of food at Fury for a Feast!
Slows To Go After serving their delicious food for Fury For A Feast in 2016 and 2017, Slows To Go makes their return to this years Fury!
SLOWS BAR BQ opened at the corner of Michigan and14th in Detroit in September 2005 with a meticulously designed interior paired with a gourmet spin on barbecue cooked fresh every day. Over the next few years, SLOWS became a destination restaurant, featured in numerous publications and television programs. SLOWS also grew to be the anchor for a commerical area's revitalization. In 2013 SLOWS expanded into the O'Connor Real Estate space next door, adding tables, a new bar and 36 additional beer taps.
All year long we fill barrels just to be released on this one day. This year we will have a list unlike anything seen before!! Fury For A Feast was originally started with the buzz and release of our bourbon barrel aged Night Fury Imperial Stout releases. This year we will be releasing over a dozen different barrel-aged Night Fury variants along with a crazy list of other barrel aged beers that have been sleeping in our barrel room.
Here is just a taste of what barrel aged beers will be on draft:
-Traxxx Night Fury
-Vanilla Bean Night Fury - 2019
-Vanilla Bean Night Fury - 2018
-Vanilla Bean Night Fury 2017
-Prometheus Night Fury - Hyperion Prometheus coffee beans, cocoa nibs and hot peppers
-Nuthin' But Nibs Night Fury
-Cookies 'n Cream Night Fury - 2019
-Cookies 'n Cream Night Fury - 2017
-Cherry Cordial Night Fury
-Bushwacker Night Fury
-Boysenberry Ghost Pepper Night Fury
-Cinnamon Coconut Night Fury
-N.F. Riddle (Two James peated bourbon barrel)
-Banana Nut Fury
-Raspberry Coffee Night Fury
-Brew It Or Lose It - Maple bourbon cashew double brown (Listermann Collab)
-Rye Whiskey Train Hopper IPA
-It Wasn't Me, It Was The Rum - Vanilla rum barrel aged tropical stout
-Gin Barrel Defloured - New Holland Gin Barrel
-Bourbon Barrel Olde School Tough Guy 2018
-Bourbon Barrel Stosh's Pointe Baltic Porter 2018
-Well Water 2019
-Gin Barrel Lil' Sebastion - saison w/ hay & lavender
-Bourbon Barrel Hard Cider
-El Para Palo Mead - Rum barrel mead with grape juice, kombucha and mamajuana herbs (Unity Vibration Collab)
This list may change. We will know more when we start emptying the barrels!!
Blessings in a Backpack – South Lyon Chapter is a “neighbor-helping-neighbor” program that is designed to help bridge the gap of the nutritional needs of children from the South Lyon Community School District. In the South Lyon Schools 1,199 children are eligible for this program. These children are our neighbors. Each week, we will distribute backpacks filled with enough non-perishable food for the weekend to students that qualify on the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch program. The goal of Blessings in a Backpack is to keep these students from going hungry on the weekends and remove barriers to academic success.
Everyone wins when hunger is solved. For nearly 40 years, Gleaners Community Food Bank has been “feeding hungry people and nourishing our communities.”
Headquartered in Detroit, Gleaners operates five distribution centers in Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Livingston and Monroe counties and provides food to 535 partner soup kitchens, food pantries, shelters and other agencies throughout southeastern Michigan. Gleaners collects 34.5 million pounds of food a year and distributes 79,000 meals each day including providing nourishing food and nutrition education to 84,700 children a year. Every dollar donated provides three meals and 93 cents of every donated dollar goes to food and food programs.
Huge Charity Raffle:
Fury For A Feast is more than just great beer, great food and awesome local music. Fury is about community. Through this incredible one-day party, we raise money and can food items for the 2 local food banks mentioned above. One way that we do this is by engaging our community and fellow local businesses to help our by donating to our Huge Charity Raffle. The Huge Charity Raffle is cash only, and 100% of the cash from the sale of the raffle tickets will go directly to Blessings In A Backpack South Lyon. From gift cards and tickets to local events to an incredible custom Witch’s Hat bike donated from South Lyon Cycle, this Huge Charity Raffle is awesome. The more tickets you buy, the more good you are doing and the better chances you have at winning. Good luck!
More Info You Will Want To Know:
- The Tap Room - Fury is mainly an outdoor event, the Witch’s Hat taproom will be open, but it will be standing room only and will be where the HUGE Charity Raffle is located. Beer to go and Growlers will be available in the taproom.
- Outside Beer and Beer Tokens – All special release beers at Fury will be available outside. Outside beer can be purchased by beer tokens only. Beer tokens can be purchased outside at the Beer Token Tent with CASH ONLY, or they can be purchased inside the Barrel Room with CASH or CREDIT CARD. The credit card line tends to be slower, so please bring cash if you can. Beer Tokens are only good for outside beer, they can not be used inside the taproom. One beer token will be good for one draft (1 token = (1) 16oz of tier 1 beer or (1) 5oz of barrel aged beer). Limited edition 2019 Fury For A Feast glass taster glasses will be available for purchase and use as well, GET ONE!!
- Free Bottle Water Station – We will have a free bottle water station sponsored by (soon to be announced) to keep you hydrated and able to taste more beers! Fury is in August, and we are serving some big crazy beers. Please Stay Hydrated!! We want all of you to have a great time and be safe in doing so.
- Don’t Be Trashy, Recycle!! – We take recycling very seriously here at The Hat. Please re-use your cups if possible. If not, please make sure you are disposing of it in the proper receptacle.
- Witch’s Hat and Fury Merchandise - Witch’s Hat merch will be available for purchase in the Barrel Room. Please make your way in to cool down and check out what we have to offer! We will also have limited edition 2019 Fury For A Feast shirts and Taster Glasses! Don’t miss out!
- Fury For A Feast is 21 and up only, NO EXCEPTIONS (and yes, this includes infants, everyone attending must be 21 years of age or older).
- No Pets
- Feel free to bring your own chair
- No outside beer is allowed in the event. They will be confiscated at the gate and our staff might just drink them after the event is over! No trading and No bottle sharing is allowed per MLCC law.
- The Gate and charity raffle are CASH ONLY.
- All outside beer will be beer tokens only, cash is preferred and will be faster for you, but we will have one credit card station if you need. The closest ATM’s are located a quarter of a mile north and south at Huntington Bank (north at the corner of Lafayette and Reynolds Sweet).
- Please follow the parking diagram posted below, do not park across the street in the church parking lot or next-door in Alexander’s parking lot.
The Bottle Release
Just like last year, we will have the mug club bottle release for Fury held during the actual Fury For A Feast event. In years past, we have had the bottle release either the day before or the day after, but after hearing many requests, we have decided to have it day of again for this year. Those with bottle release allotment reservations will be able to pick up their allotments in The Barrel Room during the event. Any bottles not purchased during Fury will go up for sale on a first come first serve basis the next day (Sunday, August 25th) at noon and will be available to everybody (not just mug club members). This will be very limited, if at all, as we expect most if not all of the bottles to sell out during the member allotment reservation release… but we are saying there’s a chance!
The allotment reservation sign up (For Mug Club Bottle Release Only )
The allotment reservation will be announced via our email newsletter and will be posted on our social media sites sometime before Fury For A Feast
Allotment reservations will only be available to mug club members that have signed up before the beginning of the online reservation sign up. The first day of reservations sign-ups will be in person in our taproom only. Online reservations will open at noon the next day.
There will be no cost to reserve your bottle allotment.
We will not allow any non-members to join in order to sign up for an allotment reservation after the online reservation sign up begins.
Your allotment reservation will NOT get you into Fury For A Feast without paying the cover charge. Every person coming to Fury MUST pay the cover at the gate, no exceptions. If you are coming just to pick up your bottles, you will have to pay the cover charge.
Each Mug Club Member will be able to reserve only one allotment per member, this ticket will guarantee the Mug Club Member the ability to purchase one full allotment of bottles on August 24th during Fury For A Feast.
There will not be a physical ticket, when you sign up for an allotment reservation, your name will be on a will call list that will be kept at the brewery. This will be the same for the online allotment reservations.
We will allow proxies this year, but the proxies name MUST be given AT THE TIME OF GETTING YOUR ALLOTMENT RESERVATION. You will not be able to add one later, so please be prepared with a proxy if you plan on using one.
You MUST BRING YOUR ID, not just your Mug Club Card. The name on your allotment reservation (or your Proxies name) must match your ID or you will not be able to purchase your bottles.
If you became an Angel Member (different from our mug club membership) this past spring, you do not need to sign up for a reservation. Your name will already be on the list!
The Bottles –
-12oz Traxxx Night Fury - Night Fury imperial stout aged in bourbon barrels with peanut butter, vanilla beans, toasted coconut and Mindo cocoa nibs added. (7 bottles per reservation, $9 per bottle)
-12oz Vanilla Bean Night Fury - Night Fury imperial stout aged in bourbon barrels with vanilla beans added. (3 bottles per reservation, $9 per bottle)
-12oz Cookies n' Cream Night Fury - Night Fury imperial stout aged in bourbon barrels with Mindo cocoa nibs, vanilla beans and toasted coconut added. (2 bottles per reservation, $9 per bottle)
-12oz Dawn Of Prometheus Night Fury - Night Fury imperial stout aged in bourbon barrels with Mindo cocoa nibs, smoked serrano and chipotle peppers and Hyperion Prometheus Dark coffee beans added. (2 bottles per reservation, $9 per bottle)
-12oz Brew It Or Lose It (Listermann colab) - Imperial brown brewed with cashews and aged in maple bourbon barrels. (1 bottle per reservation, $10 per bottle)
We are accepting sponsors to help us put on this awesome party and fundraiser! If you are interested, please email email@example.com. Thank you to Our Awesome Sponsors That Help Us Make All This Happen!!
Please be nice to our neighboring businesses and churches!